The following list is a summary of all major additions, changes, and fixes part of version
7.0.3 of the Textual IRC Client.
The new dynamic buffer feature improves memory use by limiting how many messages are visible in
the scrollback. While scrolled to the bottom, no more than two hundred messages will ever be
visible in the scrollback. More messages (up to 30,000) can then be revealed by scrolling
By default, Textual will keep a record of 15,000 messages per-channel that are accessible by
This limit can be increased up to 30,000 or lowered to low as 1,000 in the Style section of
Some custom styles will not work correctly with this feature without modification.
To view modifications that need to be made, see this knowledge base
article for more information.
- Added a “Current Session” marker to indicate where messages from the previous session
- Added “Jump to Present” action to Navigation menu which can be activated using the keyboard
Control Command B. This action jumps the scrollback to the most recent message.
- Added “Jump to Current Session” action to Navigation menu which can be assigned a
This action jumps the scrollback to the “Current Session” marker.
- Added “Only play back messages you missed” preference to the ZNC Bouncer section of
This preference, which is enabled by default, controls whether the entire playback buffer or only
the parts you missed are played back when the playback
module is installed.
- Connection names are no longer forced uppercase when Textual is running on OS X Yosemite or
- Connections now gracefully disconnect when your Mac goes to sleep even if the preference
“Perform reconnect when waking from sleep” is disabled.
- Textual will now wait for images to be 100% loaded before they are shown inline with chat.
- Fixed scrollbars appearing invisible (plain white).
- Fixed a crash that may occur when iCloud syncing was enabled.
- Fixed inability to save trust for a self-signed certificate.
- Fixed incorrect description for TLS 1.3 cipher suites.
- Fixed new messages not appearing when received while Textual is hidden or
- Fixed a lock appearing next to private messages that are not encrypted.
- Fixed notifications appearing for the ZNC playback buffer when disabled.