There have been several updates since version 5.0.0 which include many exciting changes.
See the Release Notes Archive
section of the
knowledge base for a complete list of changes.
The following list is a summary of all major additions, changes, and fixes part of version
5.0.0 of the Textual IRC Client.
Updated User Interface
Textual 5 sports a redesigned user interface for users of OS X Yosemite. There are two
gorgeously designed dark and light variants of the main window refined all the way down to the very
Not only has the main window of Textual received a facelift, but Preferences, Server Properties,
and many other windows have received touchups.
Textual 5 replaces the dated styles Matrix, Lucidity, and Simplified Light
Blue with four brand new, community created styles which do a great job of complimenting the
aforementioned user interface changes.
- Added a brand new application icon contributed by Brandon Rodriguez.
- Added support for printing (Command-P)
- Added several new emoticons to the moti command.
- Added preference to disable the user information popover updating while scrolling the user
- Added preference to prevent OS X from sleeping the network while a file transfer is in
- Added support for the playback ZNC module.
- Added now playing command for Hermes (Pandora
- Added keyboard shortcut Command Shift D to easily toggle the appearance of the main
- The Username field of the Identity section of Server Properties
is now used for SASL identification.
- The preference to wait for NickServ identification before joining channels is now server
- Selecting a channel will now dismiss notifications related to that channel in Notification
- The method by which colors are picked for each user has been modified to try and eliminate
- Images are no longer displayed inline with chat when playing back messages from the
previous session of Textual. The links for these images can be shift clicked to expand
- Automated conversion of text based emoticons to their individual emoji counterpart is now possible without installing a
3rd-party addon. This feature can be enabled in the Addons section of
- Non-server notices can now be configured to create a new window if one does not already
exist. See the Command Scope section of Preferences.