The following list is a summary of all major additions, changes, and fixes part of version
7.2.0 of the Textual IRC Client.
All-in-one Dark Mode
The styles bundled with Textual have been modernized to change from light to dark and back depending
on how your Mac is setup.
The “Main window appearance” preference in the Interface section of Preference
can be set to “Your Mac’s Default” to change the appearance of the server list, user list, and style based
on changes to your Mac.
Custom Channel Names
A channel can now be assigned a custom label in Channel Properties to take
place of its name in the server list.
- Added M1 Macs to list of models for the sysinfo command.
- macOS Sierra (10.12) is now the minimum version of macOS required.
- Chat filters can now be duplicated by control clicking one that already exists.
- Chat filters can now be limited based on how long its been since a user joined a channel.
- Modified list of networks to include Libera Chat.
- Libera Chat is now the home of the support channel and can be reached through the Help menu.
- The default maximum nickname length has been changed to 31 characters from 9 characters to accommodate
servers that don't advertise a specific limit.
- Modified the command query to have optional second argument which can be a message to send.
- Modified the commands amsg and ame no longer increment the unread count of channels.
- The Preferences window has been enlarged to accommodate system-wide changes on macOS Big Sur.
- The mechanics that power the User List have been reworked to hopefully provide better reliability.
- Fixed building encryption cache failing because of race condition.
- Fixed certain actions, such as deleting a channel, not working correctly when popup prompt is suppressed.
- Fixed duplicates appearing in the member list when configured to show server staff at the top.
- Fixed malformed div in default style templates.